iReady At-Home Support & Virtual Professional Development
At-Home Learning Supports
Reading & Math Instruction
K-8 students have the ability to access iReady Reading & Math for the remainder of 2019-2020 school year!
New Student Access:
Students will begin with a diagnostic, but there are a few notes of caution...
- If parents assist students on the diagnostic, they could be placed at a level that is not appropriate for them. Their online lessons may not match their ability level. Student levels should be checked after they complete an assessment by a teacher or admin.
- If students take additional diagnostic assessments at home: Growth may not be accurate for students if parents assist them at home. Students that have previously taken a diagnostic at school this year and take another assessment at home could have progress towards their Growth Targets that is not accurate.
If students DO have help from someone at home on a diagnostic assessment and are placed incorrectly in online lessons, teachers can adjust this.
- Go to Reports.
- Choose Student from the top menu and Instruction from the left menu.
- Choose Reading or Math under Online Instruction.
- Choose the student that needs their path adjusted.
- Each domain will need to be adjusted individually. Click View next to a student domain:
By clicking on the blank icon under Adjusted Placement, it will allow you to select a lesson for them to begin in that specific domain. The grey icon will show you where the diagnostic placed them.
Adding Teacher-Assigned Lessons
Teachers now have the ability now to assign Teacher-Assigned lessons out to students for reading and math without taking a diagnostic assessment. Students will not have a prescribed lesson path in i-Ready like the students that have been using the program all year.
In order for students to have lessons to work on in reading and math, teachers or admins will need to ASSIGN lessons to the students. (please refer to pdf to the left)
- Students in grade K-2 will only see 2 Teacher Assigned Lessons in their queue at one time.
- Grades 3-8 are able to see 5 Teacher Assigned Lessons at one time.
- The teachers can assign more than this to students so their queue will always have lessons in it as they complete them.
What is the i Ready Diagnostic and How do I help kids @ home
This webinar occurs LIVE several times. Please register for the date and time that works best for you. Once registered, you will be emailed a link to join at the time selected.
Friday, 4/3 1:30-2:30
Monday, 4/6 8:45-9:45
Monday, 4/6 2:00-3:00
Support Students during a school closure with iReady by using Teacher Assigned Lessons
Join us for a LIVE webinar on Apr 08, 2020 at 9:45 AM EDT. Once registered, you will be emailed a link to join.